Facial exercises are a hot topic right now across platforms such as Instagram and TikTok, but which exercises are the best?
Here, we cover the top five facial exercises that are the most effective at targeting the jaw area for a sharp, defined jawline.
1. Tongue Pressing
The first exercise, one of the most popular ones in a technique called mewing, is a really effective facial exercise for toning and defining your jawline.
1. Simply align your tongue with the roof of your mouth and begin adding tension to the roof of your mouth, creating a tight seal between your tongue and the top.
2. Be sure to keep your mouth closed during this process and breathe through your nostrils. Making humming sounds can also help to increase the benefits of this exercise.
Targets: This exercise targets the cheekbones and the jawline and is often used in a technique called mewing.
2. Neck Curl-ups
This exercise is fairly similar to ab crunches - but with your neck.
1. The exercise is completed by lying down on a flat surface. Be sure to keep your tongue pressurised on the roof of your mouth.
2. Then, slowly lift your chin towards your chest by elevating your head about 2 inches off the surface below.
3. Finally, retreat your head back to the ground and repeat 5 times for 3 reps.
Targets: This exercise is effective at targeting muscles in your neck that aren't usually trained.
3. The Jawbone Restorer
The Jawbone Restorer exercise helps to target the outer area of your jawline, slimming out and toning the area.
1. Place both thumbs below the chin (one thumb on each side) and begin to push the chin down with a firm grip.
2. Then, gradually slide your thumbs along the jawline, all the way to your ears. You can repeat this exercise several times a day - just be careful not to tug on your skin too hard as it could cause mild irritation.
Targets: This exercise targets the skin around the jawline to give a sharper and more defined look.
No, they're not pull ups!
1. Begin by closing your mouth and gently pushing your jaw forward whilst keeping the lower lip elevated. Continue this range of motion until you feel a gentle stretch beneath the chin and hold this position for around 10-15 seconds.
2. Repeat this exercise for 10 reps and 4 sets.
Targets: This exercise targets the area beneath the chin and helps to lift the bottom section of your face for a sharper and youthful look.
If you've read this far, here's a 10% discount code for your first purchase. Enter BLOGJAW10 at checkout.
5. Chewing Gum
Chewing gum can help to train the masseter muscles (the muscles that are responsible for the definition of the jawline. It's important to choose the right type of gum - some gums are too soft to help train your face muscles.
Directions: Do you really need directions to chew? Come on.
Targets: The jawline and a bit of cheekbones.
So, those are the top five exercises to do if you want a sharper and stronger jawline. We hope you try some of these out, comment below if you did.
Want even better results?
Why not pair these exercises up with one of our products? After all, we do have a 4.8 star rating 👀
Browse our range and sign up to our newsletter for EXCLUSIVE discount codes, (sometimes we feel EXTRA generous 👀).